Mobile phones are entering our lives at alarming rates. Most people on the planet own a mobile phone today (you can search for statistics online). Smartphones or regular mobile phones, their utility for most people is impressive. Read through this list o’ 5 to know 5 things you need to keep in mind before buying a mobile phone.
- Type of phone: Regular phones come in different types – bar phones, slide phones, flip phones, etc. Decide on the type that you feel will suit you best. It all comes down to ease of usage, so understand what will be the easiest for you to use;
- Size of phone: The type of phone will then bring you to your next step – the size of your phone. While most people will prefer small, easy-to-hold phones, there are still people who prefer bulky phones for several reasons. Whatever your preference, there are phones for sale of all shapes and sizes, literally;
- Your budget: It is simple – the higher your budget, the better the product you will be able to buy. There are a lot of bargain buys out there, so decide on your budget and look for available options in and around that budget;
- GSM frequency bands: This is towards the technical side, but it still is important, nonetheless, especially when you are buying phones online through resellers. A quick online search about GSM frequency bands will show you some options that mobile phones come in. The important thing about these frequency bands is that some bands exclusively run only in some parts of the world. If you end up buying a phone without realising what frequency band they support, and are in a region where that band is not supported, then your money has just been wasted;
- Number of SIM card slots: Phones these days have slots for more than one SIM card. If you prefer to have separate numbers for home and work, then getting a phone that has 2 (or more than 2) SIM card slots will be a good idea. That way, you won’t need to carry around 2 separate phones.
Happy shopping, and thank you for reading!