Many people are fond of creating collages from photographs of their past, to remember the beautiful times they had once spent. There are some points which one should keep in mind when sitting down to create such collages. Read through this list o’ 5 to know 5 such points.
- Decide on a theme: Pick a theme for your collage. Is it going to be family pictures, or pictures of your friends, or pictures from your university days? Pick some specific theme to start working on your collage;
- Gather all photographs related to that theme: You may have an enormous collection of photographs, but not all of them may be related to the theme you have chosen to work on. Filter your photographs for relevant ones to match your choice of theme;
- Use only photographs of memories you would like to keep: There may have been many ups and downs in your life, and the theme you may have chosen may also have some stories/instances which you wouldn’t want to be reminded of in the future. So it is very important to hand-pick photographs of memories you wish to keep for the future, and not include any which may bring about some unpleasant memories back…;
- Detailing: The collages that really bring about strong and clear memories are those that are highly detailed. Detail your photographs in small notes in and around your collage (like Post-It notes stuck around your pictures, or notes written in your memo-pad, etc) to remind you of those little details that made those memories. The people who see such collages are also pleasantly surprised with the added details. If you plan to make a computer-based collage, then add details to your photographs in the space provided by the software/web application you may be using;
- Keep it neat and clean: Too many cooks spoil the broth – I am sure you have heard this saying. It is true with collages as well. Too many photographs may crowd your collage, thus ruining its visual beauty. So ensure that you do not put in too many pictures. Keep it neat and clean!
Good luck, and thank you for reading!