Break-up consequences for men and women are different in some aspects, and similar in other. If you are a man getting over a break-up, then please read this list o’ 5: http://goo.gl/Ti6HQO). For 5 steps to get over your ex, read through this list o’ 5.
- Forgive and forget: You may feel that the relationship ended because of your partner’s fault, and because of that, you may be holding a grudge against him. Whilst this may or may not be true, know this: it is no use crying over spilled milk. What has happened has happened and you cannot change it. Forgive your ex, and forget the grudge. Tell yourself it is time to move on;
- Talk it out: You may want to talk about your bottled up emotions/feelings to someone. This is completely normal, and will be understood and accepted by your friends/peers/family. Talk about your emotions to them to lighten yourself;
- Talk it out but DO NOT complain: Usually, talking out may lead to complaining and saying negative things about your ex. You are helping no one by doing that. You will just scare away your friends/peers (because they will not enjoy the negative vibes after a while, even though they may not be directed towards them), and you will just feel bitter from within. So it is never a good idea to complain. Just talk about your emotions, how are you feeling, etc;
- Spoil yourself: This step works wonders. And it works wonders very fast. Spoil yourself. Go get your nails done. Or go on a shopping trip. Or watch that foreign movie you always wanted to watch but never got a chance to fulfill that wish. Do what will make you feel great and raise your spirits;
- Take your time: The sudden void created by the disappearance of your ex from your life may create some unfamiliar feelings. They are completely normal. They are a part of the healing process after a break-up. Give your mind time to completely let go of any untoward feelings it may hold towards your ex.
Good luck, and thank you for reading!